This summer, more than any other, we can appreciate the opportunity to safely spend time with our friends and family. We're all about enjoying good company and creating spaces in our homes that we love, without the usual hassle of entertaining and decorating. Whether you need a quick appetizer recipe, inspiration for refreshing your home for the season, or tricks for playing bartender - we’ve got you covered. This Summer Guide includes our favorite recipes, tips, and activities to help you make a Statement this summer - enjoy!
- 2 cups silver tequila
- 1 3/4 cups triple sec
- 2 cups of fresh lime juice (approx. 20 limes)
- 3 cups of pineapple juice (canned juice works great)
- Fresh or dried pineapple for garnish (we love the dried pineapple rings from Trader Joe's for a sweet and tangy bite)
- Combine and mix well
- Taste test and add extra of ingredients if necessary
- Garnish each drink with fresh pineapple with the rind on or a dried pineapple ring
Cheeses: Blueberry goat cheese (sweet & creamy, plus its color brightens up the board), Gouda (rich flavor and firm texture), Blue Stilton - tangy flavor and adds pops of blue
Fruits & Crackers: Include a variety of crackers and your favorite fresh summer fruits. We love grapes and raspberries. Other options that pair well with these cheeses are strawberries, plums, and apples. For something extra special, serve crostinis topped with ricotta, proscuitto, and fresh peach slices.
Charcuterie: Peppered salami for contrast to all the sweet flavors.
Nuts: Sprinkle herbed nuts throughout the board to add herbal flavor (we love Rosemary Marcona almonds).
Extras: Finally, for something hot, serve a sweet & spicy jelly (we love Trader Joe's Hot Pepper Jelly) in a small bowl. Don't forget a serving spoon!
Easy Spicy Margs
Our go-to summer drink when we're in a hurry, but still want to make a statement: they're delicious and even better, only two ingredients. These spicy margs are ideal for picnics, boats and other events that you don’t want to haul extra ingredients to.
Combine Tequila with Jalapeño Limeade (our fav is from Trader Joe's) - and that’s it!
French Countryside Picnic
Looking for an inexpensive date idea or a fun family outing? Picnics are a great way to change up your routine! Pick a theme like French Countryside to make it feel like a mini-vacation.
To create a French Countryside look, pair a classic gingham picnic blanket with a picnic basket. Serve french-style sandwiches or wraps, salad, and baked goods (we love to do takeout for picnics to take out all the effort), and french Rosé, of course!
Peach Mascarpone Crostini
These crostini taste like summer in a bite. The combination of sweet peaches with tart balsamic complement each other perfectly. Serve these at both small and large gatherings - we guarentee they'll be a hit!
Served on: Acrylic Tray - Clear lined with our Newport Beach Reversible Insert (coming soon!)
Ingredients: Baguette, mascarpone, fresh basil leaves, peaches, balsamic vinegar, olive oil
- Slice the baguette and brush with olive oil
- Toast slices in the oven at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes
- Add a dollop of mascarpone to each slice of bread
- Top the mascarpone with a peach slice
- Garnish with basil leaves and drizzle with balsamic vinegar
Coastal Coffee Table Look
We love to refresh our spaces as the seasons change! Simple, quick changes can make such an impact and don't require too much effort. Decorate with coastal prints and seaside colors to create a summer look in your space. One of our favorite hacks is to use candy (salt water taffy & gummy sea animal candy) in serving dishes to add coastal colors and vibes that also are a treat for guests!
And when you're in the mood to serve up some wine or cocktails, your coffee table tray is the perfect backdrop. We're all about changing up the look to meet the moment, so just flip over our On Beach Time Reversible Insert for a whole new beachy vibe.
Ingredients: cucumber, watermelon, blueberry goat cheese, blueberries, fresh mint
- Slice cucumber and cut watermelon into small squares and top each cucumber slice with watermelon
- Add a dollop of blueberry goat cheese and top that with a fresh mint leaf and one blueberry
- Stick in a toothpick to hold it all together
Serves 4-6 depending on the size of the cocktail glass
Ingredients: One 12-ounce bag of frozen strawberries, 6 ounces of light rum, 4 ounces of lime juice (about 4-5 freshly squeezed limes), 5 tablespoons of sugar, a handful of fresh basil
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
- Taste test and adjust ingredients to your liking
- Optional: garnish with fresh basil leaves, lime, and cocktail umbrellas
We hope you enjoyed our guide and that it helps you make a statement this Summer. Use code SUMMERTIME15 for 15% OFF any order!