Happy 4th of July! We put together a guide full of simple recipes, ideas, and decor inspo to help you create a festive statement this July Fourth. From apps and drinks to charcuterie, dessert, and decor tips, we have ideas you'll love for your patriotic festivities - whether you're hosting the celebration or a guest on appetizer duty.
Cheese: Pick cheeses that feature red, white, and blue: Gouda with red wax is great, blue Stilton or any blue cheese, and brie. For a little somethin' extra: small bowl of whipped ricotta cheese topped with honey, blueberries, strawberries
Charcuterie: If your 4th of July celebration is anything like ours, it probably includes lots of BBQ which means you can go lighter on the charcuterie. A small portion of your favorite cured meats (proscuitto, salami, etc.) will do.
Crackers & Toppings: Assortment of light crackers in various shapes and flavors. Color the board with fresh fruits like blueberries, strawberries, red grapes, and cherries. Finally, for a sweet and spicy touch, serve a spicy jelly (we love Trader Joe's Hot Pepper Jelly).
Firecracker Popsicle Cocktails
- French baguette cut into about 24 small slices (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat ricotta
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus extra for drizzling
- 1-2 cups fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix together the ricotta, lemon juice, honey, and a pinch of salt (adjust honey and lemon to your liking)
- Place crostinis on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and bake until golden brown (around 10 minutes)
- Spread ricotta over crostinis, place berries on top and drizzle with honey
Elevate your wine by serving it on a tray with festive glassware and cocktail napkins. The Stars & Stripes Insert will transform your tray into a spirited 4th of July look. Use wicker and burlap to add a rustic summer touch.
- Fill a serving bowl with vanilla ice cream pre-topped with red and blue sprinkles
- Serve with a variety of toppings including fresh strawberries, blueberries, and classic American cookies
To create an All-American look use American flag cups, red, white & blue serving ware and paper lanterns.
Watermelon & Cucumber Coolers
Go with an unexpected look
Mix up your decor white a funky blue & white print like the Shibori pattern on our Red, White, & Blue Reversible Insert. Festive napkins, classic potato chips, and wine make for a simple but elegant 4th of July spread.
Retro Hamburger Station
For a vintage 4th of July feel, incorporate classic American items like old fashioned Coca Cola, hamburger baskets with blue gingham paper, and retro condiment holders. The Jack of all Trays makes a perfect serving surface for your buns and patties!
Served on: Acrylic Tray - White
We hope you enjoyed our guide and that it helps you make a statement this 4th of July! Use code HAPPYFOURTH for 15% OFF any order now through 7/4/21.