Whether it's small bites or a full charcuterie spread, your Thanksgiving appetizers should be delicious and festive — but also uncomplicated. These straightforward recipes won't dissapoint and will leave you with time to focus on roasting the turkey or throwing the football (or watching the football get thrown if you're anything like Team Statement Home).
CRANBERRY APRICOT GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI
Festive little seasonal bites that are rich and savory and will complement your Thanksgiving decor.
INGREDIENTS (MAKES 16):
- Apricot Cranberry Goat Cheese (available at Trader Joe's; you can also mix plain goat cheese with dried cranberries, dried apricots, and a little sugar)
- 5-7 slices of Proscuitto
- Fresh rosemary
- Slice and toast baguette in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 mins
- Cut proscuitto in small pieces that will fit onto the baguette slices
- Place a piece of proscuitto onto each baguette
- Spread cranberry-apricot goat cheese over the proscuitto
- Garnish each with rosemary
HARVEST CHARCUTERIE BOARD
A spread full of all the fall goods, perfect for grazing over as the turkey cooks.
We love this spread so much we dedicated an entire post to it which you can find here, including a video how-to and a full list of ingredients.
Pop in our Charcuterie Insert and the tray turns into a cheese board with handles and sides to hold all the goods intact.
SWEET & SPICY CORNBREAD BISCOTTI
Yes, we found a way to turn a cookie into an appetizer. These are a firey combo of crunchy, creamy, and sweet - with a kick!
- Store-bought cornbread biscotti (plain biscotti will also work)
- Herbed goat cheese
- Sweet & Spicy Jelly (we recommend Trader Joe's "Hot & Sweet Pepper Jelly", but any jelly or fruit spread with added heat works)
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Spread herbed goat cheese onto each biscotti
- Using a spoon, add a dollop of jelly on top
- Top each off with roasted pumpkin seeds
- Apples (we recommend golden delicious or honey crisp)
- Mascapone cheese
- Candied pecans
- Slice apples (or follow our lead and buy pre-sliced apples...anything to save some time.)
- Spread marscapone onto each apple slice, covering almost the entire surface
- Place a candied pecan in the center of each apple
SUGAR 'N SPICE BREAKFAST BOARD
Ok fiiine, this isn't an appetzier...but, your Thanksgiving morning deserve some love too. Kick off the day with a sweet and indulgent breakfast board, made easy with store-bought pastries and breakfast treats. The pumpkin cinnamon rolls will fill sweeten & spice up your home with minimal effort. You're welcome.
We picked up our fav seasonal baked good from Trader Joe's, but truly any pastry or sweet breakfast treat will do.
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Pumpkin Toaster Waffles
- Greek Yogurt Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cakes
- Apple Cinnamon Bread
- Cinnamon Bun Spread
- Maple Butter
- Spiced Apple Cider to serve on the side
MAKE YOUR STATEMENT
Spots & Stripes Reversible Insert
Two-sided, sturdy stryrene plastic, glossy finish, 3mm thick
Life's a Picnic Reversible Insert
Two-sided, sturdy styrene plastic, glossy finish, 3mm thick
French Countryside Reversible Insert
Two-sided, strudy styrene plastic, glossy finish, 3mm thick
Premium acrylic, 20x12, available in white, black, & clear
Natural Bamboo, Eco-Friendly Finish, transform the tray into a cheese/charcuterie board.